5 Affordable Cameras
With technology improving at a dramatic rate, ways of capturing the world around us have become better and, more importantly, cheaper. No matter what kind of camera you are looking for, all brands offer a range of pricing and quality to suit beginners through to avid amateurs. With the technology involved, entry level digital cameras are not only affordable but equipped with features.
Canon Powershot Series
Canon is a great starting brand for budding photographers because there is a lot of room to grow. The canon range has great affordable cameras through to higher end digital SLRs. The powershot series is a great option for those family shots or for taking to parties.
- Ranges from around 10 to 16 mega-pixels depending on model.
- Wide range of different feature set up to suit most styles of photography
- Great range of add ons.
- Well developed range with the powershot series starting way back in 1998 (with a one mega-pixel camera!)
Buying an Olympus digital camera gives you access to not only an affordable range but some great features. They are one of the best creators of affordable ranges starting with the VG series which should cost you less than most other good models. The Olympus cameras also come with some very fun ‘art filters’ that let you experiment with your photography and get some interesting shots.
- Well established brand name concentrating on accessible camera technology.
- Great mega-pixel count on even entry level models.
- Easy to use with ‘anti-shake’ systems in place.
Nikon Coolpix Series
The Nikon entry level camera is the ‘Coolpix’ series. This is a great solution for those that need a camera to just carry around for family events or holiday pictures. All models are hassle free with complete automatic functions making it a great ‘point and shoot’ solution.
- Starts from 10 mega-pixels.
- Range starts from under $100 through to more advance models.
- A fantastic range to let you grow your photography skills.
Pentax Optio Series
The Pentax Optio series can be a great way to start out your love for photography or just improve your family photos. Starting with the Optio S1 this is a wonderful way to have some great shots at an affordable price. With many of the Optio series you can also benefit from recording excellent movies in high definition.
- Starting from 12 mega-pixels at affordable prices.
- You can also buy wi-fi cards to make the camera wireless compatible!
- A very compact and no-nonsense series of cameras with simple menu system.
- From one of the longest running camera companies in the world.
Panasonic Lumix Series
The Lumix series from Panasonic is a good mid range camera that is still made affordable. It’s a great series of cameras that can automatically select the best mode for taking photos. Even though it is a small camera series it comes with shake control to avoid blurry pictures.
- Like the ‘Optio’ series, it can also record high definition movies.
- Has ‘face recognition’ for better portrait photos.
- Some have high quality Leica lenses.
If you are looking for an affordable option for your photography make sure you do your research. Make a list of what you really need and then search for cameras with these needs in mind.